Hello Sweet Peas!
Welcome to day 13 of Blog a Day in May!
As I have a super busy weekend ahead of me and because so many of you seem to enjoy these kinds of posts, I thought I would share with you my favourite movies from this year! I do apologise that today’s post is a little shorter than usual, but I am currently sat on my sofa in sweats and a hoodie and it’s 3 am! But I feel like I can share that with you without judgement because I’m generally pretty real and honest with you guys. So I hope you can forgive me. This blogging everyday thing is hard!
1. A Quiet Place – I went to see this with my mates and they didn’t enjoy it. One goes as far as to say it was terrible (Mol I am looking at you!). To be fair, it wasn’t the best piece of scripting and story writing I’ve ever seen. BUT! What I love about this film is the way it uses sound. Which sounds silly, since there is hardly any in it! But the film really makes you think about the noises around you, and how loud everyday actions really are. Plus, the scenes from the deaf girl’s point of view were terrifying! Suddenly you had no idea how loud she was being and you couldn’t hear whether there were monsters around! I thought this was filmed in a very unique and clever way, which was why I enjoyed it. My mates are just uncultured 😉 (cue Facebook chat notification!).
2. Red Sparrow – This film messed with my mind! Whose side is she on? I don’t know! But Jennifer Lawrence is fantastic (apart from the accent, that’s terrible). She portrays her character very well and the look in her eye when you have close-ups of her face; you can see her eyes getting harder and harder as the film progresses. It makes you forget the terrible accent and you believe her character! And Jeremy Irons is in it so it was always going to be good (I love that man). It keeps you guessing and on the edge of your seat all the way to the end…and then a little bit afterwards while you wrap your head around what the hell just happened.
3. The Greatest Showman – I did a review on this film a few months ago, it was that good! (Check it out here!) Omg, this movie…this movie made me sit up and think about my life! When I was a child I really wanted to join the circus, weird I know I was a weird kid, watching this reignited this dream. However, failing this it made me want to actually do something with my life! I’ve been writing like a mad woman ever since watching this movie! The soundtrack is amazing, rarely does a day go by and I won’t listen to at least one of the songs. (I’ve listened to five of them today…multiple times). If you want a film that you can sing along too, and all the while it makes you feel something inside you that makes you want to stand up tall and follow your dreams; this is the film for you!
4. Game Night – My best mate and I went to see this on a whim one night after work. It is the funniest film I have seen all year! We still find ourselves quoting it 2 months later. The humour is laughing out loud funny! The plot keeps you turning, nothing is ever quite as it seems. We enjoyed it so much we have started having our own game nights! (Not just the two of us…that would be weird).
5. Black Panther – I went to see this movie twice (nearly three times when my mate and I went to the wrong theatre when we were trying to see Red Sparrow!). Firstly, Chadwick Boseman. Secondly, Michael B Jordan. Thirdly, Lupita Nyong’o. and fourthly (is that a word?) Letitia Wright! My Man Crush Mondays and Woman Crush Wednesdays did not know what to do with themselves watching this film! This movie lives up to the usual hype of the Marvel movies AND THEN SOME! Dare I say it…I think I prefer it to Ragnarok.
Those are my favourite movies from 2018 so far! There are so many amazing trailers coming out, I’m so excited for the upcoming months! What movie are you looking forward to seeing? Let me know in the comments!
Not a Sweet Pea yet? Click that follow button to keep updated on my posts! I am posting every day this month for Blog a Day in May! Come back tomorrow for day 14!
I’m also posting every day on Instagram this month, links are below!
Love Ay xx