My friends and family think I am a little weird, but I refuse to listen to Christmas songs until midnight on December 1st. I think it stems back to a teacher telling me it was bad luck to sing Christmas songs in June (back when I was 6…scaring children for life is a real thing, people!)
Needless to say, once it actually is December, the Christmas music starts and it does not stop until new years! I’m pretty sure my roommate wanted to kill me after three years of living with me.
But I can’t help myself, I love Christmas and I am a huge sucker for Christmas songs! Since this is Blogmas, here are my top 10 favourite Christmas songs!
10. One More Sleep – Leona Lewis. (I’m more of an old-school classics kinda girl, but this song rocks!)
9. All I Want For Christmas Is You – Mariah Carey – (I used to be obsessed with this song…but I think I overplayed it back in 2005).
8. When A Child Is Born – Johnny Mathis – (I sang this song when I was 6, doing my first ever solo performance. Been addicted to the stage ever since.)
7. Let It, Snow! Let It, Snow!- Frank Sinatra – (Gotta love the classics)
6. Do They Know Its Christmas – Band Aid (1984) – (The best version!)
5. Carol of the Bells – The Piano Guys – (It doesn’t get festive till you watch Home Alone and hear this song.)
4. Last Christmas – Wham! – (Because, how could you not!)
3. I’ll Be Home For Christmas – Michael Buble – (The whole album is Christmas! But I love this song so much. When I was at Uni I listened to this song while I was away from home, looking forward to the day I could go back and be with my family for Christmas…now I live around the corner!
2. Fairy Tale Of New York – The Pogues – You scum bag, you maggot, you cheap lousy faggot! My favourite line as a kid.
1. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) – Michael Buble – This one is recent, I fell in love with this song last Christmas, loving it all over again this year!
Those are my favourite Christmas songs, I’m not a Christian so I’m not a big fan over the traditional carols, I much prefer the songs about love and family 🙂 because that is what Christmas means to me.
Come back again tomorrow for Blogmas Day 3!
What’s your favourite Christmas song? Let me know in the comments or on social media, just follow the links below.